According to the founder of Like Minded Media Ventures, Mark Kassen, “Formally bringing Vantrix ito the Like Minded family joins together some of the best minds in filmmaking, engineering and technology allowing us to serve as a bridge to these industries, and give our fellow storytellers the same level of tools and technology as the largest telecom, OTT and media companies in the world. Approaching our work as humanitarians, we believe that the more tools we have to break down the barriers to collaboration and distribution, the more we can create a closer global community.”
Vantrix is known as the leading global provider of technology in media distribution to specific large firms such as the AT&T, Sprint, Bell Canada, O2 and Vodaphone. The new acquisition will serve as a platform for integrating production and technology as a means of empowering public figures such as actors, musicians and sports figures, helping them to establish their own custom built distribution systems for both recorded contents or live streaming.
Jean Mayrand, CEO of Vantrix said, “For the past 15 years, Vantrix has quietly been home to the innovative technology behind the platforms people all over the world use to consume content. We are all excited to now utilize our partnership with Mark and his LME team to empower both the content creators and users directly, giving them a better, faster, richer and more integrated experience.”
Other noteworthy information to note as regards the new LMMV group are;
- Their new technology incubator known as the Like Minded Labs will be co-financed by RBC.
- The Like Minded boards will fully receive Joe Kiani; a technology entrepreneur, as one of its members.
- Jean Mayrand will remain the CEO of Montreal-based Vantrix and also the Like Minded Labs.
- Sal Alvarez will keep on as the head of production for Like Minded Entertainment.
- Their first project to be embarked on is a 360- degree streaming platform which will be made available for the Rogers Cup tennis tournament and also an engagement website known as ‘A starting point’ which is owned by Chris Evans.