SugarSync Review

Last Updated: November 07, 2017

Visit Site

Summary

If you are looking for a hassle free experience, SugarSync is your cloud storage provider. The features (specifically file synching and sharing), ease of use, outstanding security measures and best in class customer support make this a hard service to pass over.

Features

(5.0/5.0)

Out of all the cloud storage reviews we have compiled, SugarSync’s features impressed us the most. While they don’t offer as many features as industry leader JustCloud, it is evident that many hours were spent fine tuning the list of features they currently offer. The current makeup of features SugarSync offers is as follows:

  • 60-1,000GB cloud storage space (unlimited for business accounts)
  • Unlimited file synching
  • Unlimited file sharing
  • Automatic, scheduled and/or selective backups
  • Access anywhere
  • Drag & Drop
  • Supports: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS
  • File versioning/recovery
  • Full encryption/redundancy
  • Customization on accessibility

Also, as noted above, SugarSync offers a unique file synching experience. A user does not need to use their drag & drop feature in order to sync their files. There is absolutely no need to move files to a separate folder.

Ease of Use

(5.0/5.0)

Arriving at SugarSync’s website, their superior intuitiveness and simplicity is apparent. After entering your information on the home page, which consists of a name, email address and a password, you have automatically just created your account which is 80% of the process. The other 20% consists of clicking on a download button that installs the SugarSync software. After 3 short sets of on screen instructions, you are all set to start using SugarSync.

Furthermore, sharing files and synching them was easier than any other service provider we encountered. Their File Manager is one of the best laid out dashboards in the industry as you can see below. Overall, you will most likely not find an easier to use service than SugarSync.

sugar-sync-backup

SugarSync File Manager

Pricing

When it comes to pricing for SugarSync, one word comes to mind: “woah.” SugarSync is quite pricey compared to other cloud storage providers, however the old adage of “you get what you pay for” holds true here. You are paying for a premium service and that is exactly what you get. That said, SugarSync does not put forth too many payment options so as not to confuse their customers. Their most basic plan costs $7.49/month for 60GB of storage space. You can also choose $9.99/month for 100GB, $24.99/month for 250GB or $55/month for 1,000GB (this is the starting business plan). You can also set up a call with SugarSync to customize a plan that suits you. Also note that you can save 20% on your cost by simply paying for an annual plan rather than monthly. Lastly, SugarSync offers a 30 day free trial in which you are given 60GB of space. To put that in perspective, other storage companies provide a few MBs of space.

Security

With technology ever changing and hackers getting more clever by the day, SugarSync takes no chances. Prior to your data even being sent to their data centers, your data is encrypted by Transport Layer Security (SSL 3.3) encryption. Once your data reaches their data centers, it is protected by 256-bit military grade encryption. Also, we mentioned in the features section that SugarSync offers customization on accessibility. You can choose to set predetermined permission on any given file or folder to specific users.

Support

(4.0/5.0)

Take a look at some of the top cloud storage services. Most of them do not offer phone support. SugarSync does. This alone is enough to put them in the top tier of cloud storage providers for customer service. Naturally, they also have an email system which is rather fast in regard to response times. Both phone and email service are operated 24/7. Their video tutorials and FAQs should help 99% of people with technical questions. You can also reach out to SugarSync on their various social media accounts – Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and even YouTube. If you get stuck there (you won’t), you can also contact them through their personal blog.